The Caledon Parent-Child Centre provides a continuum of FREE services that strengthen families and assist them in the critical role of raising young children. Services:
- support healthy child development
- assist with the early identification of developmental concerns
- provide referrals to specialized services and community supports
- enhance parenting skills
- nurture positive family relationships
- prepare children for school so they are ready to learn
Programs and services are delivered from a main location in Bolton, a satellite location in Cheltenham, and various rural communities through the use of a mobile unit and rented space. The Centre also works in close collaboration with other agencies who deal with children and families, and acts as a bridge between various services.
- Family Time drop-in sessions for parents, caregivers and children.
- Children's play opportunities, creative and early enrichment activities.
- Adult/Child early learning, literacy and school readiness programs.
- Open Door information and referral services.
- Parent/Caregiver resource library.
- Pre-natal, post-natal, and child development programs (through Peel Health, Peel Infant Development, Peel Family Education Centre).
- Parent/Caregiver education sessions and couple/family enrichment programs (through the above agencies plus Peel Family Services, Family Transition Place, Catholic Family Services, etc).
- Health promotion programs (through the above agencies plus local health care professionals).
- "Adjustments After Birth" Postpartum Support Group.
- PEP-START clinics for children (through Brampton/Caledon Community Living, Erinoak, Peel Children's Centre, Peel Infant Development, Peel Preschool Speech and Language, Region of Peel Children's Services).
- Assistance, support and programs for children with special learning needs and their families (through Brampton/Caledon Community Living, etc).
- Child care information.
- Red Cross Babysitting Course.
- Rural Community Outreach Program. Services and programs are offered in the following six rural communities throughout Caledon: Alton, Caledon East, Cheltenham, and Valleywood.